The Most Simple Way To Use Positive Affirmations
Ultimately you will find your own style, way to say them, timing etc, but here is a really simple way to start.
Stand tall, relax your shoulders and stand with good posture light your candle – take a confident standing position.
Have your affirmations in front of you and your candle, written down or printed out – especially if it is a new one.
- Say it, in a slow, confident tone of voice – say it like you believe it, and as if it is actually real or already happened.
- Speaking slowly and confidently is important. Confident speakers take their time, they don’t rush their words, and they pronounce each affirmation properly and speak with meaning.
- Optionally you can stand at a mirror and look at yourself as you talk. You might find you feel awkward, but with practice this will be normal to you. Standing at a mirror shows you your posture and your confidence so you can ensure you are doing them properly – adjust your voice tone and posture as needed to always stand positively, and look yourself in the eye.
That’s it, that is really all you need – see, positive affirmations aren’t rocket science, get started, put in the time and you will see results!
Add a Little Structure
Light a candle, get a little deeper, it is good to add a little structure, and CONSISTENCY.
Consistency is actually key, you need to repeat them day in, day out, so having a real structure, a daily routine will really help. Here is a standard routine for you to try, you can adapt it as needed, but it is a great place to start.
Say your affirmations at least 2x a day.
Start in the morning, as soon as you can after waking up. This ensures you have a positive start to the day – that the first thing you start thinking about are your goals and ambitious, and of course, that you are thinking positive thoughts!
Say your last set as close as you can before going to bed. This ensures that you have positive thoughts in your mind as you go to sleep, you are thinking about your goals and these will seep into your subconscious mind and solidify as you sleep.
Say them multiple times. It is up to you, but we recommend either 2 minute sessions (so just 10 minutes a day total), or alternatively, saying your whole set of affirmations 10x each, in a slow, confident voice – whatever suits you really, don’t take too long, 10-15 minutes is probably too much and they might seem like a chore after some time, 5 minutes really is enough for permanent, lasting change. Alternatively again, that’s it, a little structure is good, try to stick to it – if you really do stick to this structure for 2 weeks then you will see a real difference in yourself! Then it won’t be like a structure you are trying to stick to at all… it will be something you want to do because you will have seen the powerful changes that positive affirmations can produce.
Use Affirmations Cards Too!
An extra step you can take is to write your affirmations down, or just put our cards where you will see them.
You can pin them up around your house in key places that you will them each day. On the fridge, in your school/work/gym locker, on your bathroom mirror, on the dashboard of your car, on your computer.
This just adds a little extra, you will simply see your affirmations randomly each day in the middle of the day, this will just jog your memory and remind you to stay positive and focused on your goals.
When you are constantly reminded about your affirmations and goals like this, you can accelerate your results as it’s not just when you are saying your affirmations that you think about them and your goals, but constantly throughout the day you encounter little reminders and as a result you are always focused and develop a complete consciousness around achieving success and realizing your goals!
Some Extra Tips
So you’re still hungry for information? Good use these extra tips to make sure that you get the most from your positive affirmations practice!
- Start with a focus. Don’t pick too many subjects at once.
- Be consistent. Repeat them daily.
- Make a commitment to do them for 30 days, no matter what. Think long term, and don’t give up.
- Monitor your mood first. Before you start your daily session, just take 30 seconds to “look inside” yourself, see how you feel, see how your emotions are, do you already feel positive, negative, a little tired…. just take note. Then, say your affirmations, slowly, take your time, and then do a “mood check” again. See how you feel, see how positive you now feel, see how you feel differently about yourself. This can be a great way to gain confidence in your affirmations early on. Before you even see the life changing results you really want, this simple experiment should show you how they can instantly lift your mood and change how you are feeling in an instant and inspire you to keep going so that you really do get to see the bigger and lasting changes you really want!
That’s it. Lots of people go looking for that magic formula to self-improvement, looking for that powerful, complicated hidden technique. It really doesn’t need to be like that – positive affirmations are for real, they can have a really powerful cumulative effect, and they can make real, lasting, dramatic changes to your life – to how you think, to how you act, to how you live your life!
You can Change Your Life!!!